Thursday, April 16, 2009

Twits and the folks

I am a twit.

That is to say, I have recently register with Twitter, the relatively recent social networking thingamajig. If you also tweet, I'm @tony_mcfadden. Look me up.

It's a wierd things, these social networking thingamajigs.

Facebook allows users the ability to sync up with a ton of people, but honestly, once the initial novelty wears out the only thing that gets updated on Facebook is the status.

Twitter is essentially nothing BUT the Facebook status.

And for the nosey, voyeuristic among us, you can "listen in" on anybody else by following them.

Anyway, it's an addicitve, silly past-time.

==============================================

My parents were here for a week short of two months and don't think that I'm including them with twit(ters)s on pupose -- it just happened that way.

From the first week of January to the last week of Feb they managed to experience 40+ degree weather, cold enough to warrant a fire weather, bush fires, numerous medical annoyances (including a 3 or 4 day stay in the hospital for my dear old ma), and I'm sure they were very glad to get home and REST.

But folks, we had a great time. And thanks for the barbeque, by the way. charcoaled up some grease just the other day. Amazing that bacon on the bbq tastes SO much better. So did the t-bones.

It was good to see them after so long, and look forward to seeing y'all again.

Until then, become twits. It's free!

No comments:

Followers