Friday, October 17, 2008

What day is it?

You ever have those weeks where Tuesday morning feels like Friday...and there's still 3 and a half days to go to the weekend?

It was one of those weeks.

Plus, up until 2:30 in the morning Thursday to get some short notice, urgent and important (so I'm told) stuff done, and then up at 5 to get sonny-boy off to morning football training, and it's going to take a week to recover. Ain't as young as I used to be (although rumour has it, no one is).

Booze is the same way. I have distinct, although fuzzy, recollections of working the bar during an engineering sponsored dance at U of R. One drink for the customer, one shot for me. One for another customer, another shot for me. Not completely sure how I got home, but aside from a bit of blah the next day I was no worse for wear.

A double scotch before bed these days, though, and I'm blurry 'til noon the next day.

.............................................................................

A brief foray into American politics (as an observer only. A Canadian living in Australia should treat the American Presidential election as not much more than an amusing miniseries.)

Who here thinks that if either candidate had known what the economy was going to do (a-ooo-gah, a-ooo-gah, dive, dive) they would have lit out for the hills...I watched two of the debates, and I'd be writing SBSP over those two.

Diversion over. Getting late, must crash.




No comments:

Followers