Saturday, October 4, 2008

Batter up...

Prediction: I'll do this for a couple of months, then get bored, or "too busy" to keep it up. We'll see.

As I look around the blogosphere, I'm one in over 100 million people doing this. How many are actually read / followed?

Anyway...

This will be a place where I can voice (type) my opinion on football (the round ball type), coaching, politics (any country), travel, music, books, and pretty much anything else I want. You, dear, sparse readers will have the opportunity to comment.

But I reserve the right to ignore your opiniated ass...if you want a soap box, build your own blog.

=============================================================

Living in Australia. When we got here, almost three years ago, we picked up a Border Collie from a local animal rescue organisation. Already had two kids. Now you know where the blog name came from.

Border collies, for those that don't know, are highly intelligent, obsessive compulsive animals. She'll spend hours on the hunt for lizards. She'd make a great center back for our football team. (Note: I will use 'football' when I'm talking about the 11-a-side game with a round ball where hands are only allowed for the goalkeepers. It's not soccer. It's football.) She's not going to let you get past her with the ball. She's also incredibly loyal (to my son), and a glutton.

I'm looking forward -- very much -- to my parents coming to visit late this year. Plan is for them to get here before the NYE fireworks. We'll head downtown and watch them from the office roof, then spend three hours trying to get home. Part of the experience, I guess. Did that two years ago with one of my son's friends along, and he pent the two hours we were stuck in traffic farting. If I had duct tape I would have taped him to the roof.

The folks are going to stay a couple of months and experience Oz. Haven't seen them in must be 5 years now.

Going to hang up now. Sydney FC is playing Queensland Road and it's looking like a good game

Stay tuned. I'll add as the mood strikes.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Tony....wonderful to read your blog! I don't know if you're receiving my email, but hopefully you'll get this! hey, we are a dog family as well. Scout is our beloved 4yr old springer spaniel! He's not allowed on beds or living room sofas (yeah, right) he sheds a pound a day! He's obedience & agility trained, and as I write this he's engaging in his second favorite activity, sleeping at my feet...his favorite is trying to race me up the stairs and to the vehicle, thinking, sadly, I'll take him to the park!

All is well here...I have a long list of things to do, all of which I'm avoiding as I hate packing and getting organized. Things are well in Edmonotn, and I'm still waiting for a clone to be delivered so I can have a foot in both lives.

So, cheer for "The Prince Albert Celtic" football club from the 7-12 Oct!!! Especially that long,lanky (skinny like dad) midfielder with the fancy footwork! National title in the works!

Keep on blogging...it's kind of addicting!

Followers